Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) review: Bigger meets better  (Read 721 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 22, 2017, 04:05:25 pm »

12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) review: Bigger meets better

If I could only have one Apple computer, the 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) would be it.

"That's no MacBook" was my reaction to seeing the original 12.9-inch iPad Pro back in the fall of 2015. It was a Star Wars reference, of course, but the gist was this: We finally had an iPad — and an iOS device — that could double as a "notebook". Not perfectly, and not in every way for everyone, but without sacrificing what made it an iPad and what's so great about iOS.

If the original 12.9-inch iPad was Star Wars, the new 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) is Empire: more serious and, for my money, just plain better. (And yes, when iOS 11 ships this fall, it will indeed be "fully operational".)

Unlike its smaller sibling, the 10.5-inch iPad Pro, the display size on the 12.9-inch model hasn't changed. (You can tell by the name). But thanks to the previous version's age, the display technologies have changed even more. It not only gets the new ProMotion 120Hz adaptive re...

Source: 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation) review: Bigger meets better
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: