Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm actually excited about the social features coming to Apple Music in iOS 11  (Read 337 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 27, 2017, 04:05:21 pm »

Why I'm actually excited about the social features coming to Apple Music in iOS 11

Apple is making big changes to the social features for Apple Music in iOS 11 and it seems pretty sweet.

Apple has tried and failed multiple times to generate a usable social feature for Apple Music. First, it started with iTunes Ping, which was supposed to be a way for us to tell each other about music we're listening to by "pinging" them with suggestions. Then, Apple launched Connect for Apple Music, which allows users to connect with artists they like and fans of the same music. It acts more like a feed for subscribers to follow and like. It's ... fine. I actually turned Apple Music Connect off a few weeks after it launched. It just didn't interest me.

When iOS 11 launches, Apple will have an entirely new social feature that, I think, finally hits the mark on what so many of us love about sharing music. Apple finally got it right.

It's just there

When you get started with the social feature in Apple Music, you'll be offered suggestions for people you can follow based on your co...

Source: Why I'm actually excited about the social features coming to Apple Music in iOS 11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: