Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the Apple eGPU development kit won't let you do yet  (Read 384 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 09, 2017, 04:05:23 pm »

What the Apple eGPU development kit won't let you do yet

Need to know what sort of limitations the eGPU dev kit has before diving in? There are some caveats to be aware of.

As with any tech that's shiny and new, my favorite thing to do is to try to see what cool things I can do with it beyond the supported features. Apple released an eGPU dev kit that runs on macOS High Sierra beta to promote development of VR applications on the HTC Vive so that developers will have their apps ready to go once macOS High Sierra is ready to launch.

As I'm a big VR aficionado, I'm totally stoked to see VR apps and games coming to the "Applesphere". Seeing that VR is in it's fledgling stages, I'm certain that not all developers have $599 to just throw at a dev kit, especially if they don't already have an updated Mac with Thunderbolt 3 connections. There are those who also can't afford to run a beta OS on a separate machine just to see if they are inclined to make applications for the eGPU dev kit. On top of that (as if it wasn't already getting pricey), y...

Source: What the Apple eGPU development kit won't let you do yet
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: