Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask the iTunes Guy: Consolidating iTunes libraries, deleting songs, correcting an email address for an iTunes account  (Read 376 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 18, 2017, 04:05:14 pm »

Ask the iTunes Guy: Consolidating iTunes libraries, deleting songs, correcting an email address for an iTunes account

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>iTunes is great at storing all your music and other media, but only if you let it. If, like one correspondent, you have a number of hard drives with old iTunes Media folders, you need to do some work to consolidate them. In other news, iTunes has changed the way you delete files from your library, but not from the cloud. And if iTunes displays a “session expired” dialog, here’s how to fix it.</p><h2>Combining old music folders in one iTunes library</h2>
<p><strong>Q: I have multiple iTunes Music folders from different old hard drives that were dying, and they all now reside on an external HD. One of them is in my iTunes Media folder, others are named Music 2, 3, etc. I am struggling to find an efficient way to consolidate all the music into the iTunes Media folder. Currently I have to open two Finder windows highlighting two different Music folders to manually compare contents, select the correct content and then drag it into the correct folder; then delete the artist and album from Music 2, and then repeat this dozens of times. Is there a better way?</strong></p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3207550/software-entertainment/ask-the-itunes-guy-consolidating-itunes-libraries-deleting-songs-correcting-an-email-address-for-an.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Ask the iTunes Guy: Consolidating iTunes libraries, deleting songs, correcting an email address for an iTunes account
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: