Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just went to D23 for the first time and my iPhone was my lifeline  (Read 551 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 22, 2017, 04:05:18 pm »

I just went to D23 for the first time and my iPhone was my lifeline

Thank goodness for the tech age. I don't know how I ever survived conventions without my iPhone!

I just went to my first D23 Disney convention last weekend. It was not, however, my first ever convention. I've been going to tech cons, comic cons, Star Wars Celebrations, horror cons, anime cons, and a plethora of other large meet-ups dedicated to one specific genre for years. I used to carry a backpack just for maps and schedules and was always just a little too late to find out about something cool that happened on the expo floor.

And then the iPhone was born.

Thanks to the advent of the smartphone, it is easier than ever before to navigate the stress-inducing, overly crowded waters of a convention, as well as find out about goings-on at the exact moment they happen, thanks to social media.

How my iPhone saved my D23 experience

Here's an example of a day at D23: To start, we took a Lyft to the convention so we wouldn't have to worry about spending extra money on parking. We arriv...

Source: I just went to D23 for the first time and my iPhone was my lifeline
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: