Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When you can’t type a certain character on your Mac, here’s how to troubleshoot it  (Read 710 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 30, 2017, 04:05:12 pm »

When you can’t type a certain character on your Mac, here’s how to troubleshoot it

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>It must be frustrating to find that a key on your keyboard sometimes doesn't work. As reader W.D. Snyder explains:</p>

<p>In macOS 10.12.5, the lower case y is not working in some situations, such as replying to email in Gmail, and when filling out some forms or comments on certain sites.</p>

<p>My first reaction was that W.D. needed a new keboard (sorry), but that’s probably the last resort. I’d go down this list.</p><p>Is it only in a browser this problem occurs? Try a different browser with the same sites. It’s possible some setting is grabbing or suppressing <code>y</code>, although I’d be hard pressed to guess what. A text-expansion program or system shortcut would seemingly consistently intercept that letter in all circumstances in a single app or across the system.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3209726/macs/when-youre-sometimes-unable-to-type-a-certain-character-on-your-mac-heres-how-to-troubleshoot-it.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: When you can’t type a certain character on your Mac, here’s how to troubleshoot it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: