Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I broke my iPhone 7, and I'm so glad I didn't have AppleCare+  (Read 472 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 06, 2017, 04:05:18 pm »

I broke my iPhone 7, and I'm so glad I didn't have AppleCare+

My iPhone screen shattered, but I saved money by not having AppleCare+. Yes, really.

On Sunday, I broke my iPhone screen. I dropped it, it shattered, and I let out a slow-motion "Nooooooooo" that was frankly way better than Darth Vader's in Episode III. The damage was done.

My first (highly misguided) thought was, "Ugh, I wish I had AppleCare+." But after researching the problem and getting my screen replaced at the Apple store the next day, I'm here to tell you I'm so glad I don't have AppleCare+. Not having it actually saved me money.

The numbers

It breaks down like this: AppleCare+ used to cost $99 for new iPhones, but when the iPhone 6s came out, Apple raised the price to $129. Currently, AppleCare+ for an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus is $129, so if I'd bothered to purchase it when I bought my iPhone 7 outright in September 2016, I'd have paid $129.

That $129 AppleCare+ plan would have entitled me to a screen repair at the Apple store for $29. In fact, it includes coverage for "two in...

Source: I broke my iPhone 7, and I'm so glad I didn't have AppleCare+
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: