Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luna Display first look: The very best way to use your iPad as a second monitor  (Read 388 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 24, 2017, 04:05:18 pm »

Luna Display first look: The very best way to use your iPad as a second monitor

If you work with a MacBook Pro and an iPad, one little USB-C module will change your travel workflow.

The makers of Astropad have done it again: Luna Display, which launched on Kickstarter earlier this week, is a small $59 hardware module (USB-C or Mini DisplayPort) that lets you instantly turn your iPad Pro into a practically lag-free (and Retina-quality) second monitor. Did I mention that it's wireless, too?

I've been testing a Luna prototype for the last week and a half with my 13-inch MacBook Pro and 10.5-inch iPad Pro, and I never want to travel without it again.

Why hardware vs software?

If you've been keeping track of the iPad-as-second-display market, there are already a handful of apps that do basically this same thing — usually connecting to your Mac via Lightning cable to create a virtual second display on your Mac.

Of the lot, Duet Display is far and away the best option, with the least lag and best image quality. But it requires being consistently tethe...

Source: Luna Display first look: The very best way to use your iPad as a second monitor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: