Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple firmware: Leaks, links, and locking it all down  (Read 321 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 12, 2017, 04:05:16 pm »

Apple firmware: Leaks, links, and locking it all down

It's not just that HomePod and iOS 11 GM firmware leaked that's problematic for Apple. It's that they could leak.

I'm genuinely more excited for Apple's September 12, 2017 special event than I have been for any event since the iPhone 6. Still, Apple has now had two leaks leading up to the event, widely expected to include the announcement of iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X, Apple Watch LTE, and Apple TV 4K HDR. The first one was an accident. The second one, not so much.

John Gruber, writing for Daring Fireball

Again: these URLs were not discovered by guessing the URLs, or because they were published at obvious URLs prematurely. Someone who works at Apple emailed these URLs to 9to5Mac and MacRumors — possibly without even knowing just how much information could be gleaned from these builds compared to the last developer beta builds. UPDATE: Let me clarify that sentence: whoever leaked these URLs knew it would be an incredibly damaging leak, if for no other reason than ...

Source: Apple firmware: Leaks, links, and locking it all down
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: