Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doing a clean install of iOS 11 on your new iPhone or iPad? Here's what you'll bring over and what you'll lose  (Read 309 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 19, 2017, 04:05:19 pm »

Doing a clean install of iOS 11 on your new iPhone or iPad? Here's what you'll bring over and what you'll lose

What's the advantage of a clean install over a restore when upgrading to a new phone or tablet?

We've had a few people this week ask us about not restoring from their backups when moving from an old iPhone or iPad to a new model. "Is it smarter?" "What data am I going to lose?" "I just want to speed up my device!"

Well, first off: If you're upgrading to a new iPhone or iPad, you shouldn't need a clean install to speed things up — the hardware upgrades alone will do that. But if you're still interested in performing a clean install, read on.

What does "clean install" mean?

When we talk about clean installs, there are two kinds people think of:

Reinstall and restore from backup: This is usually done on a single phone or tablet. If your iPhone or iPad is slow, you can make an iCloud (automatically encrypted) or encrypted iTunes backup, reinstall and restore iOS, then restore from the backup when you get to that part of the setup screen.
New device, no restore: You back up the...

Source: Doing a clean install of iOS 11 on your new iPhone or iPad? Here's what you'll bring over and what you'll lose
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: