Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to roam with your Apple Watch and use LTE data in a foreign country  (Read 384 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 07, 2017, 04:05:19 pm »

How to roam with your Apple Watch and use LTE data in a foreign country

The Apple Watch can't roam. But if you have the right hardware and are willing to pay, you can set it up in a different country with little difficulty.

I've been back and forth between the Boston and Montréal metro areas recently for work and roller derby, which has given me a whole new appreciation to the difficulties of phone roaming and carrier fees. Now, I currently have a great plan from AT&T that lets me use my domestic data at no additional cost while roaming, but my Series 3 Apple Watch isn't quite so lucky: When I cross the border, its cellular antenna turns off, rendering my watch LTE-less until I return.

This is because the Apple Watch can't currently roam on foreign networks. There are several credible theories as to why — like poor battery life performance, and the fact that each watch model has an incredibly limited number of LTE bands so you would only be able to roam in some countries and not others — but the fact remains: Your Apple Watc...

Source: How to roam with your Apple Watch and use LTE data in a foreign country
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: