Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardhop will make you love contacts on the Mac. Dammit.  (Read 281 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 19, 2017, 04:05:19 pm »

Cardhop will make you love contacts on the Mac. Dammit.

Cardhop isn't a contacts app, it's a connection launcher with powerful search and actions that'll fundamentally change how you interact with people on your Mac.

I hate Flexibits. First, with Fantastical, those jerks made me enjoy using a calendar app so much I actually show up for meetings and appointments. Infuriating. Now, with Cardhop, Michael Simmons and Kent Sutherland have also made me enjoy using a contacts app. Sorta. Cardhop is by no means a traditional contacts app. It's more of a connection launcher. And that's what makes it magic.

Apple is often accused of "Sherlocking" indie apps by building them into the core OS. Some indies, like Flexibits, show how Apple can be Moriarty'd right back by fundamentally improving the built-in OS experience. That's what Fantastical did and that's what Cardhop does as well.

Cardhop lives in your menu bar and you can invoke it with whatever key combo you assign. (You can also detach it, move it, and even expand it full screen if you rea...

Source: Cardhop will make you love contacts on the Mac. Dammit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: