Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone X, meet roller derby: Shooting sports photography with Apple's newest smartphone  (Read 428 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 15, 2017, 04:05:18 pm »

iPhone X, meet roller derby: Shooting sports photography with Apple's newest smartphone

Rene reviewed the iPhone X in our traditional style. My review methods were… a little more unorthodox.

I was lacing up my skates to test the floor when the iPhone X hit Apple Store shelves. It's the first time my secret life as a skater for a top 10 roller derby team has directly interfered with my work at iMore — I had my husband pick up my iPhone X in Massachusetts and drive it down to Philadelphia, where I was skating in WFTDA's annual international championships.

I could have just called a mulligan on the weekend, tying it in with my honeymoon the next week, and left the iPhone X to hang out at the store for a few days longer. But what would be the fun in that?

Instead, I got media credentials to the event alongside my skater pass. The goal? Testing the iPhone X's true prowess as a camera for sports photography and videography, behind-the-scenes snaps, and many (many) ridiculous Portrait selfies.

Why shoot WFTDA's roller derby championships?

Some of my ...

Source: iPhone X, meet roller derby: Shooting sports photography with Apple's newest smartphone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: