Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Apple turns boring tech chores into exciting key features  (Read 338 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 21, 2017, 04:05:12 pm »

How Apple turns boring tech chores into exciting key features

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>When Apple comes to mind, it probably conjures images of slick, carefully engineered devices with innovative, envelope-pushing features. And the company’s surely had more than its fair share of those, but it’s also managed to pull off a subtler but far greater feat that goes underappreciated. </p><p>The company has not only figured out how to make us eat our vegetables—technologically speaking—but it’s also turned those very features into selling points. Because it’s one thing to sell a flashy, shiny device; it’s quite another to get people excited about the mundane necessities of the technology world.</p><h2>Baby got backups </h2>
<p>In fall 2007, I’d only recently started working at Macworld, and I was assigned to cover what was the biggest of big deals in those days: the launch of Apple’s latest version of Mac OS X, codenamed Leopard. As these were still the days where you had to get yourself a physical disc to install a new OS (and pay $129 for the privilege!), I hauled myself down to my local Apple Store in the Cambrideside Galleria. What I found was a decent length line of people all queued up to get their copies of the new OS. </p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3237748/iphone-ipad/how-apple-turns-boring-tech-chores-into-exciting-key-features.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How Apple turns boring tech chores into exciting key features
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: