Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, Pixel 2 XL can't actually shoot in Portrait Mode — it does it all in post  (Read 406 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 23, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

Wow, Pixel 2 XL can't actually shoot in Portrait Mode — it does it all in post

I'm using the Google Pixel 2 XL as my primary phone this week. I've owned "the Google Phone", off and on, since the Nexus One launched in 2010, and I bought the original Pixel last year. Google does a lot of interesting and exciting things and I like to keep current with them.

One of the things I was most interested in checking out this year was Google's version of Portrait Mode. (Yeah, fine, Google used Apple's name for the feature, but consistency is a user-facing feature.)

So, as soon as I had the Pixel 2 XL set up, I fired up the camera and got set to shoot me some Portraits Mode. But.. I didn't see the option.

On iPhone, Portrait Mode is right up-front, in-your-face labeled, and just a swipe to the side. On Pixel 2 XL, I eventually discovered, it's hidden behind the tiny menu button on the top left. Tap that first. Then select Portrait Mode from the drop-down menu. Then you're in business. Sort of.

At first, I thought I was Portrait Mode-ing it wrong. I framed a photo and......

Source: Wow, Pixel 2 XL can't actually shoot in Portrait Mode — it does it all in post
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: