Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help your children wake up more alert with your Philips Hue lights  (Read 245 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 14, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

Help your children wake up more alert with your Philips Hue lights

Are your kids waking up groggy? Adding lights to your wake up routine can help!

My son wakes up every morning at 6 a.m. to ready himself for school. I have to also wake up to drive him to his bus stop since we live out of zone. Canadian mornings in the late fall and early winter, being in such a northern latitude, are very dark. There have been many mornings where my son would complain that he just couldn't wake up while it still being so dark (and secretly I complained to myself as well).

I happened upon a study I read on PubMed, originally published in Chronobiology International from Gabel, V., et al where it posits the positive biological effects of exposing a sleeper to artificial sunlight 20 minutes prior to waking.

After reading a few other non-sourced articles, it got me wondering if I could use my Philips Hue lights that I have in my children's rooms to help them wake up more alert and ready for the day. At the moment I've only used them to ensure that all of our lights i...

Source: Help your children wake up more alert with your Philips Hue lights
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: