Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple and Shazam: It’s not just about identifying songs  (Read 312 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 15, 2017, 04:05:12 pm »

Apple and Shazam: It’s not just about identifying songs

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Shazam was a true game-changer as one of the first apps to appear in the App Store back in July 2008. With just a tap, Shazam could identify nearly any song you heard without needing to know anything about it. Shazam was a magical app that I used to show off my iPhone, and unlike all those other apps whose novelty wore off in just a few weeks (anyone remember iBeer?), Shazam has only gotten better over the years.</p><p>Apple has long had partnered with Shazam to power Siri’s song identification service, but now the Cupertino giant has confirmed that it is buying the company outright for a cool $400 million, a relative bargain in today’s tech dollars. On the surface, a Shazam purchase ensures that Siri will always be able to recognize the song you’re listening to and will provide a boost to Apple Music, but I think Apple has much bigger plans for the service.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3241768/data-center-cloud/apple-shazam-siri-homepod-airpods.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Apple and Shazam: It’s not just about identifying songs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: