Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to talk about spoilers on Twitter without ruining it for your friends  (Read 334 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 17, 2017, 04:05:21 pm »

How to talk about spoilers on Twitter without ruining it for your friends

Don't want to spoil the most recent TV show or movie you saw but dying to talk about it on social media? Try ROT-13.

When Star Wars: The Force Awakens came out a few years ago, I was lucky enough to see it with a group of friends. After the movie, we all went our separate ways, but we still wanted to talk about it. Constantly.

But heaven forbid: Some of our friends hadn't seen the movie yet. We didn't want to exclude them from the conversations we were having, but we also didn't want to spoil large chunks of the film for those folks. Now that The Last Jedi is out and similar issues are abounding, I figured I'd write a quick post on what we came up with.

There are a few ways to have spoiler-riffic conversations in this manner, including group chats and Slack groups, but we didn't want to leave Twitter. Instead, we turned to an old puzzler favorite: ROT-13.

A variation on Caesar substitution cipher, ROT-13 takes your existing text and moves each letter forward ("rotating" it) 13 sp...

Source: How to talk about spoilers on Twitter without ruining it for your friends
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: