Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 years ago today, Steve Jobs introduced the MacBook Air  (Read 695 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 16, 2018, 04:05:21 pm »

10 years ago today, Steve Jobs introduced the MacBook Air

At MacWorld 2008, there was no way Apple could repeat the magic of iPhone from 2007. So instead, Steve Jobs pulled a laptop out of an envelope. It was the MacBook Air.

When Steve Jobs introduced the first MacBook Air, the ultra-light laptop came with many compromises in terms of power and ports. I bought one anyway, of course. So did many other writers, managers, travelers, and futurists.

It was glorious. And painful. I loved how light it was and easy to carry. That the ports folded down like the ramp on the Millennium Falcon was delightfully annoying. But it was slow and every once in a while I ended up with more stuff to plug in than places to plug it.

A couple of years later those compromises largely disappeared and it became not only the most flexible MacBook ever, but one of the most popular and least expensive. Oh, and every other vendor in the industry raced to copy it.

Since then, Apple has only given MacBook Air minor, manufacturing-necessitated updates and, absent a...

Source: 10 years ago today, Steve Jobs introduced the MacBook Air
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: