Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Hey Siri, give me the news' leaves beta, works with NPR, Fox, CNN, and Washington Post  (Read 810 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 21, 2018, 04:05:12 pm »

'Hey Siri, give me the news' leaves beta, works with NPR, Fox, CNN, and Washington Post

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>One of those things people expect to be able to do with smart speakers is to get a news briefing in the morning. It was one of Alexa’s first tricks when the Echo launched in 2014, and a core feature of Google Home in 2016. With the HomePod on the way, it simply has to be one of Siri’s powers, too. It’s table stakes.</p><p>And so it has come to pass. Previously available only to users running the iOS 11.2.5 beta, the new news feature is now available to everyone in the US, UK, and Australia. </p><h2 class="toc">’Hey Siri, give me the news’</h2>
<p>To invoke the new feature, simply say, “Hey Siri, give me the news.” (Other similar phrases like “what’s in the news” will also work.) Siri will begin playing a news digest podcast from NPR by default.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3249253/ios/hey-siri-give-me-the-news-leaves-beta-works-with-npr-fox-cnn-and-washington-post.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: 'Hey Siri, give me the news' leaves beta, works with NPR, Fox, CNN, and Washington Post
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: