Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HomePod vs. Amazon Echo vs. Google Home Max vs. Sonos One: Speaker showdown  (Read 563 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 28, 2018, 04:05:18 pm »

HomePod vs. Amazon Echo vs. Google Home Max vs. Sonos One: Speaker showdown

When it comes to speaker quality and privacy, HomePod has no competition.

I am not — nor do I have much desire to be — an "audiophile." I didn't study audio production in school. I don't have a multi-thousand dollar audio rig. And I think lossless audio streaming services like Tidal are nice ideas that fall flat when most don't have the equipment to tell the difference.

But I know music. I may not be able to pinpoint the exact sonic frequencies for an acoustic performance, but I know how it's supposed to sound when someone pours their soul into grand piano or sings in harmony — I heard it every day growing up, floating up stairs and through the halls. My musician parents frequently held rehearsals and practice sessions in our house; rare was the afternoon I'd come home to a silent living room.

I say all this to preface my taste in speakers: The technology is interesting to me from an academic standpoint, but what really matters is how the music feels in the room ...

Source: HomePod vs. Amazon Echo vs. Google Home Max vs. Sonos One: Speaker showdown
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: