Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What’s SATA ’bout? The problem with older laptops and hard drive upgrades  (Read 358 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 10, 2018, 04:05:11 pm »

What’s SATA ’bout? The problem with older laptops and hard drive upgrades

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Correction: The model of laptop my wife has has a SATA III controller, but Apple supplied only a SATA II drive with it and the controller will not support any of several SATA III-only drives installed. See more details at the end of the article.</p><p>It was baffling, irritating, and inexplicable. My wife’s early 2011 MacBook Pro remains in generally good condition, but she started to bump up against the storage limits of its 500GB drive, between iPhone photos and videos and her music collection. She prefers to not use iCloud for sync and storage, especially after watching me wrestle with problems over the years. (It all works fine for me now.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3252169/macbook/sata-3-old-macbook-compatibility.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: What’s SATA ’bout? The problem with older laptops and hard drive upgrades
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: