Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mercedes Concept EQ test ride: The car of the future?  (Read 297 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 16, 2018, 04:05:21 pm »

Mercedes Concept EQ test ride: The car of the future?

If you're one of my fellow smartphone lovers, you'll know that the word "concept" in a product name means two things: 1) it's gonna be packed with some legendary features and 2) it's never going to be released. (Well, probably.)

Things aren't much different over in the world of cars. Take the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQ I recently rode in: it packs more than its share of speculative vaporware and a heaping helping of "just because it's cool" eye-catchers. I mean, this is as close as I've ever seen a car get to looking like a Starfleet shuttlecraft. But it also brings a lot of useful features that actually will appear in cars of the future – including the Mercedes EQC for 2019, expected to be announced later this year.

Mercedes brought me down to Austin, TX specifically to take a look at this thing during its display at SXSW (and also to eat copious amounts of pulled pork). So before I pass out from all the sodium, come experience "the car of the future" first...

Source: Mercedes Concept EQ test ride: The car of the future?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: