Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Apple’s reinvention of the keyboard may go next  (Read 327 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 18, 2018, 04:05:14 pm »

Where Apple’s reinvention of the keyboard may go next

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Keyboards are important. While speech-to-text technology has come a long way, I suspect there will always be value in writing one letter after another with your hands. Apple clearly thinks to, too, because in recent weeks there have been reports about several new Apple patents regarding keyboard technology. From those patents to the controversial innovations that drove the latest generation of MacBook keyboards, Apple’s continues to push the boundaries of text input.</p><p>So what do Apple’s current technology directions suggest about where the company might be innovating in the future when it comes to keyboards?</p><h2>A reliable tool</h2>
<p>I’ll admit that as a writer, I’m especially opinionated when it comes to keyboards. As a writer friend of mine told me a very long time ago, keyboards are to us what guitars are to rock musicians—they’re the tool of our trade. But even if you’re inputting data into a spreadsheet or writing an email to a friend, most people need keyboards. (Even smartphones and tablets will slide up a software keyboard when you need to tap something out.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3262633/input-devices/where-apples-reinvention-of-the-keyboard-may-go-next.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Where Apple’s reinvention of the keyboard may go next
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: