Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iMessage: How to pick a reply address in iOS and macOS  (Read 331 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 18, 2018, 04:05:14 pm »

iMessage: How to pick a reply address in iOS and macOS

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Apple keeps improving iMessage synchronization across the many different devices that can be logged into the same account. (Seriously, it’s gotten better.) While the previously promised iMessages in iCloud will finally arrive with iOS 11.3, (in which iCloud is used to sync you iMessages across all your devices) you likely saw improvements with the initial release of iOS 11 and macOS 10.13 High Sierra.</p><p>But even with better synchronization, Macworld reader Christian has a question about configuration.</p>

<p>If I use iMessage across Macs, iPhones, and iPads, what should I set as my reply address? My phone number or iCloud email?</p>

<p>First off, you can’t per se select your reply address: iMessage seemingly always replies as if you’re sending a message from the address at which you received it. You have to start a new conversation to select a specific address to use or your iPhone’s phone number.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3259930/internet/imessage-how-to-pick-a-reply-address-in-ios-and-macos.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: iMessage: How to pick a reply address in iOS and macOS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: