Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to lie to Facebook (and anyone else who might want your data)  (Read 274 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 21, 2018, 04:05:21 pm »

How to lie to Facebook (and anyone else who might want your data)

Social engineering hacks are the way of the future. Don't let your data give a hacker an opening.

Facebook: It's the social media giant we'd love to quit, but — for whatever reason — we keep on being drawn back in.

A few years back, I reworked my Facebook account to lock down my personal information; given everything going on with the social media giant this week, I figured I'd walk everyone through the steps I took to keep Facebook from accidentally broadcasting valuable data to the world.

What's so valuable about my Facebook profile?

Social engineering hacks rely on personal information to gain access to your bank, credit cards, email accounts, cell phone accounts, and other potentially risky avenues. These hackers often don't even need your password: They can get these companies to reset it by knowing some other combination of data.

Your birthday, college attended, current job, pet's name, boyfriend's date of birth — all of these little pi...

Source: How to lie to Facebook (and anyone else who might want your data)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: