Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to remove your Facebook data without deleting your account  (Read 264 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 22, 2018, 04:05:19 pm »

How to remove your Facebook data without deleting your account

I've been off social media since late last year, but it wasn't until recently that I decided to clean things up.

While I haven't used any of my accounts for months, my data was just hanging out there with no real purpose. I decided the time had finally come to get rid of my old posts.

You may be asking yourself, "why bother keeping my accounts at all?" A totally valid question. For me, it was half nostalgia and half "I may need this stuff again one day." Plus, I use Facebook Messenger a decent amount and didn't want to start fresh on that end. But sure, if you're going all-in, just delete your accounts outright and you'll be good to go.

Bye Bye Data

Twitter proved to be super easy using Cardigan. A few quick clicks and all of my 20k+ Tweets went to the wind.

Facebook, on the other hand, was more of an undertaking than I had anticipated. Believe it or not, Facebook doesn't easily let you erase things like posts, tags and photos — so you have to get a bit creative.

How to d...

Source: How to remove your Facebook data without deleting your account
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: