Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EPUB in Pages: The best new way to create ebooks on the Mac  (Read 279 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 12, 2018, 04:05:21 pm »

EPUB in Pages: The best new way to create ebooks on the Mac

If you want to create great-looking ebooks with minimal hassle, your best option is probably sitting quietly on your hard drive right now.

Thanks to a recent update, Apple's Pages now includes tools to turn any document into a professional-quality EPUB file. It's an imperfect but still excellent solution for a process that previously gave me endless headaches.

Scrivener, my personal go-to writing app, can export directly to EPUB or Kindle-friendly MOBI files. But the ones I created never had the right formatting – centered text, for instance, would always get shunted over to the left – and I struggled to embed fonts in them to make the books look the way I wanted. Same went for Sigil, a free, open-source EPUB creator that I just couldn't get to do my bidding. I gave iBooks Author a shot, but while I liked its power and ease of use, I didn't want to create works that could only be sold on the iBooks Store.

Pages' new update solves all those problems. The forma...

Source: EPUB in Pages: The best new way to create ebooks on the Mac
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: