Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Requiem for the AirPort base station: A testament to everything Apple was and isn’t anymore  (Read 329 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 02, 2018, 04:05:13 pm »

Requiem for the AirPort base station: A testament to everything Apple was and isn’t anymore

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Somewhere in my basement I have an original graphite AirPort Base Station. It’s one of the few non-working Apple products I couldn’t bring myself to recycle, and the reason is two-fold. One, it’s one of the Apple’s best designs. In an age where routers were ugly boxes with giant antennas, Apple’s curved base station really did look like a UFO. Even after it stopped working, I kept it on my shelf for years.</p><p>The other reason is its history. Even more than the iPhone, iMac, iPad, and iPod, the AirPort Base Station is, to me, the greatest example of Steve Jobs’ genius. The original AirPort wasn’t a product for Apple’s power users, it was made for consumers at a time when wireless networking in homes was a foreign concept. It boiled down complicated settings and convoluted configuration screens to just a single plug-and-play system.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3269455/wi-fi/requiem-for-airport.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Requiem for the AirPort base station: A testament to everything Apple was and isn’t anymore
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: