Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GymKit is the best thing to happen to treadmills in a long time  (Read 466 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 06, 2018, 04:05:23 pm »

GymKit is the best thing to happen to treadmills in a long time

Just tap and sync — with GymKit-enabled equipment.

Gyms are often intimidating places. When I walked into the flagship Equinox location in Toronto's swanky Yorkville neighborhood, I saw a guy effortlessly lunging across the room with what looked to be 100-pound dumbells in his hands. Like it was no big deal. Where was I?

To be fair, I'm not unfamiliar with the gym environment, but in recent years I've kept my training mostly at home, both to save money and to save myself the embarrassment of having to come face to face with perfect lungers.

I shouldn't have been worried, because before long my head was buried exactly where I like it: in a screen. I was there to demo Apple's nascent GymKit platform, which was announced at 2017's WWDC keynote but didn't debut in the U.S. until December. Having since arrived in several other countries, it's now available to use in Canada at Equinox gyms and on Life Fitness machines, and it's a really great experience.

The Apple Watch effect

Source: GymKit is the best thing to happen to treadmills in a long time
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: