Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iMac at 20: The reaction after the 1998 iMac introduction  (Read 330 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 11, 2018, 04:05:14 pm »

iMac at 20: The reaction after the 1998 iMac introduction

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>I was working at home when I got the message: The entire Macworld editorial staff needed to gather in a conference room in a couple of hours. Apple <a href="https://sixcolors.com/post/2018/05/the-original-imac-20-years-since-apple-changed-its-fate/" rel="nofollow">had announced something huge[/url] and we needed to react immediately.</p><h2>Stop the presses!</h2>
<p>It was May 1998 and I was working as a features editor at Macworld magazine—and in those days, magazines were superheroes and websites were their plucky sidekicks. Monthly magazines had a relatively leisurely schedule, but the day the iMac was announced, Macworld was in the midst of “close”—the one week where we finalized every single page in the magazine, back to front, and transmitted them to our printing press in the midwest.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3271100/macs/imac-at-20-the-reaction-after-the-1998-imac-introduction.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: iMac at 20: The reaction after the 1998 iMac introduction
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: