Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Highland 2 review: So much more than just a scriptwriter  (Read 390 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 13, 2018, 04:05:23 pm »

Highland 2 review: So much more than just a scriptwriter

Novels, memos, articles, scripts, you won't find anything better than Highland 2 to get your word work done.

It's not often that I'm tickled by a new piece of software. I see a ton of really thoughtfully designed applications that are great at what they do and that, once I'm done writing about them, are immediately deleted from my Mac.

Highland 2 is not one of those apps.

Highland 2 is created by Quote-Unquote Apps, a company helmed by John August, the screenplay writer behind the movies Big Fish, The Corpse Bride, the latest Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and several other films.

The Original Highland app, which was released a few years ago, was designed for writing screenplays using Fountain, which is an adaptation of John Gruber's Markdown text-to-HTML conversion tool created specifically for writing scripts.

The original Highland was good and capable, but limited. It was never an app I used day-to-day. Instead, I only pulled it out when I wanted to write dialog or needed...

Source: Highland 2 review: So much more than just a scriptwriter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: