Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: unlocked iphone 1.1.4 does not find signal  (Read 5791 times)
solmifa

« on: March 04, 2008, 07:00:31 am »

I unlocked my iphone using the ziphoneGUI 2.5 application. Everything works fine apart from the fact that I get no signal: can't make calls, send texts or anything using the phone, even if the sim card is recognized. I have a belgian simcard, and already installed the iclarified applications (region patch 1.1.4 and appsupport patch 1.1.4). Is there any other application that could help me? Anyone else has the same problem?
sakuragihanamichi

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 01:35:16 pm »

is your phone already 1.1.4? try to restore your iphone using itunes donot update/upgrade.

after restoring use ziphone2.5c choose the do it all button while your iphone but first set it in DFU mode you will the DFU mode if you click the features at the right side. oki
quattrotman

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 05:24:37 am »

Hi, new here. Not trying to threadjack but I am having the same problem and it is driving me nuts. I'm on 1.1.4 now and have 'no service'. I had this problem with 1.1.1, 1.1.3 and pretty much any cxonfiguration I can try. I've done all the resets and used signal.app but nothing works. I've restored the phone about 15 times, upgrades, blah, blah. THe last restore I did, I upgraded to 1.1.4 and unlocked with ziphone 2.5c. Still 'no signal' where my carrier's symbol used to be and I can't call. Everything else works. THEN... I leave the phone charging overnight and presto service comes back??? WTF??
Thing is, sometimes it just goes away all of a sudden while charging or just sitting there and I can't get it back whatever I do. I'll even take it out with me in my pocket and reset it in different areas of town to see if reception is a prob > no dice.
I can't be the only one with this problem and it has to be more widespread. I don't think it's hardware related but who knows.
If anyone can shed some light on this or has a fix it would be greatly appreciated...I love my iphone but it has become so flakey, I have to carry a spare phone when the signal descides to go away.
IceKwwl

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 10:00:52 pm »

i've got the same problem .....if some1 know how to fix it please send me mail ice160@wp.pl or pm
solmifa

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 10:40:38 am »

I solved the problem using an older version of itunes (for example 7.5). Previously I used 7.6 and it ddnt work. So i recommend to all those experiencing a signal problem to try using itunes 7.5. If you already have 7.6 on your computer, it will be easier to install the older version on another computer (otherwise you get an incompatibility error)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: