Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Screen Time in iOS 12 shows how badly the iPad needs user accounts  (Read 352 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 07, 2018, 04:05:16 pm »

Screen Time in iOS 12 shows how badly the iPad needs user accounts

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>As a parent whose 6-year-old just got into a couple of ridiculously time-sucking iPad games, I welcomed the announcement of the new Screen Time feature coming to iOS 12.</p><p>But, unfortunately, Screen Time doesn’t account for a basic reality: Plenty of families share an iPad.</p><p>Without user accounts in iOS, the activity reports and time-limiting features in Screen Time just won’t work as intended if multiple people in a household share any one device. The Mac has user accounts and fast-account switching, but iOS does not. Amazon’s FreeTime Unlimited service lets parents give different permissions to each kid, and track the activities of each individual separately, but I’m not holding my breath for Apple to follow suit.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3278667/ios/screen-time-ios-12-shows-ipad-needs-user-accounts.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Screen Time in iOS 12 shows how badly the iPad needs user accounts
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: