Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ulysses 13 review for Mac and iOS: The best Mac minimalist text editor gets even better  (Read 336 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 11, 2018, 04:05:13 pm »

Ulysses 13 review for Mac and iOS: The best Mac minimalist text editor gets even better

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Whenever I tell other writers why they should consider bringing a Mac into their lives, Ulysses inevitably enters the discussion. In fact, this sometimes happens without any proselytization on my part: They simply see me typing on the minimalist app on my iPad or Mac at trade shows or conventions and demand to know how they could use it on their PC. But they can’t, and in my experience alternatives come up short. Ulysses is elegant. It’s intuitive. And thanks to the recent introduction of a couple of new features, it’s more useful than ever.</p><p>But it’s important to keep in mind what Ulysses is. It’s not an organizational powerhouse in the vein of Scrivener, which allows for Herculean feats of research collection but ends up wallowing in ugliness in its dogged attempt to be a one-stop shop. Ulysses can organize its various “sheets” into groups with keywords and it lets you search through every one of them at once, but that’s about as complex as its organization gets. It’s not a full-blooded word processor like Microsoft Word, with its tables and drawing tools and WYSIWYG export options, but Ulysses allows you to export documents into a variety of styles (and some of them are even user-made). Better yet, you can publish your articles directly to WordPress or Medium.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3278249/software/ulysses-13-review-for-mac-and-ios.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Ulysses 13 review for Mac and iOS: The best Mac minimalist text editor gets even better
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: