Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hands-on with Republic Relay: A fantastic start to a kid-friendly 'phone'  (Read 575 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 30, 2018, 04:05:19 pm »

Hands-on with Republic Relay: A fantastic start to a kid-friendly 'phone'

It's still early, but there's a lot of potential to these fun little squares.

My 9-year-old came home from the first day of school this year and asked for a phone of his very own, and I laughed. His 13-year-old sister doesn't even have her own phone yet, and I didn't have my own phone until I was much older. But as we talked, he explained many of the kids in his class had a phone, mostly for emergencies. At the end of the conversation I still wasn't ready to give him something he could call his own, but for things like field trips out of state I did find myself wanting him to have something.

I found myself unsatisfied with most of the solutions available at the time. The cellular "kid watches" available through carriers felt more like unstylish ankle monitors, and while Google's parental features in Gmail have improved dramatically this year, a full Android phone requires a ton of work to set up for someone like my son. Republic Wireless caught my attention not long ago when it ann...

Source: Hands-on with Republic Relay: A fantastic start to a kid-friendly 'phone'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: