Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stop accidentally calling 911 and emergency contacts on iPhone  (Read 310 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 12, 2018, 04:05:22 pm »

How to stop accidentally calling 911 and emergency contacts on iPhone

If you're an iPhone X user who keeps accidentally calling your local 911 services and your emergency contacts, there is an easy fix.

Since I got my iPhone X, about once a week I accidentally call, or "butt dial," my significant other, who is my designated emergency contact on iPhone. It's become an issue.

When my phone is in my pocket, I tend to hold it like a gadget security blanket, and I sometimes end up squeezing the side buttons. This was never a problem until I got the iPhone X, which has some new features tied to those side buttons. More specifically, if you press and hold both the power button and a volume button for a few seconds, your phone will call 911 and/or your designated emergency contacts.

I finally took the time to figure out what the hell was going on, and it turned out to be a simple fix. My issue was with the iPhone X and iOS 11 Emergency SOS Auto Call feature. We wrote all about iOS 11's Emergency SOS features last fall. And we even detailed how to disable Au...

Source: How to stop accidentally calling 911 and emergency contacts on iPhone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: