Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple’s Group FaceTime delay is the right move. Here’s why  (Read 312 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 18, 2018, 04:05:14 pm »

Apple’s Group FaceTime delay is the right move. Here’s why

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>This week, Apple removed Group FaceTime from the beta for iOS 12 and macOS Mojave. The company indicated that the feature will not appear in the initial release, but will rather appear in a subsequent update released later in the year.</p><p>For people who were excited about audio and video chats with multiple friends, this is a bummer. (I heard from several people who said their kids were especially looking forward to using the feature, or were using it in the beta period and were sad that it’s going to be removed for a little while.)</p><p>But I’m a little less down on Apple making this decision. Every time I used Group FaceTime in the iOS and macOS betas, it was far from flawless. I had connection problems, video and audio would disappear and reappear at random, sometimes a person would appear multiple times in my view (or disappear altogether), and there were numerous cosmetic defects to the interface, too. It seemed... very beta. And clearly someone at Apple decided it was just not going to be solid enough by release time.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3297699/operating-systems/apples-group-facetime-delay-is-the-right-move.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Apple’s Group FaceTime delay is the right move. Here’s why
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: