Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to control the order of images in a Photos for Mac slideshow  (Read 304 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 20, 2018, 04:05:12 pm »

How to control the order of images in a Photos for Mac slideshow

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>It’s absolutely frustrating when you set out on a task that seems like it should work, and then wind up wondering if it’s your fault. This is the case with Photos 3.0 for macOS and its broken workflow for creating slideshows: it sorts images and videos in random order.</p><p>Macworld reader Marie is one of the people who cannot figure out what’s going wrong. She asks, rightly in all caps, “HOW CAN I GET MY SLIDESHOW PHOTOS IN THE ORDER I WANT THEM?”</p><p>In previous releases and in iPhoto, you’d follow these steps:</p><ol>
<li>Select some items or have no items selected while viewing a regular or smart album to select the whole album.</li>
<li>Create a slideshow. In Photos, that’s File &gt; Create &gt; Slideshow. An entry is created in the Projects list with the name you choose.</li>
<li>And, hurray, the pictures and movies would be referenced in a slideshow view in the order they appeared in the album.</li>
</ol>

<p>Photos 3.0 inexplicably broke this arrangement, and it’s remained broken since its introduction in High Sierra in 2017. Until Apple fixes this issue—perhaps in the release of Photos with the upcoming Mojave?—you have a few workarounds, none of which are quite as ideal, but all of which work.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3297056/software/how-to-control-the-order-of-images-in-a-photos-for-mac-slideshow.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to control the order of images in a Photos for Mac slideshow
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: