Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple's next entry-level MacBook: What is it and... why?  (Read 309 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 27, 2018, 04:05:19 pm »

Apple's next entry-level MacBook: What is it and... why?

Rumor has it, Apple is preparing a new 'entry-level MacBook'. But is that an updated MacBook Air? A bigger MacBook? A cheaper MacBook Pro? Or... something else entirely?

John Gruber beat me to it. I'd been planning this video for a while but, yesterday, he hit the Daring Fireball publish button on his thoughts about the rumored new MacBook before I could even get mine online. And, they were great:

So if all these reports are true and Apple is coming out with a new entry-level portable with a 13.3-inch display and reduced bezels, the footprint of the device should shrink a bit too. That's why the current 13.3-inch MacBook Pro has a smaller footprint than the current 13.3-inch MacBook Air (11.97 × 8.36 inches vs. 12.8 × 8.94 inches). So maybe it's something obviously distinguishable from the current MacBook Air, even while the lid is closed — sort of a middle ground between the MacBook Pro and 12-inch MacBook. Something that keeps the Ai...

Source: Apple's next entry-level MacBook: What is it and... why?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: