Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The problems with older Apple displays and Thunderbolt 3 MacBook Pros  (Read 323 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 02, 2018, 04:05:17 pm »

The problems with older Apple displays and Thunderbolt 3 MacBook Pros

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>I sometimes forget how many working Apple displays of all vintages remain out in the world. What reminds me is the regular email from Macworld readers asking about connecting them up to the Thunderbolt 3 MacBook Pro laptops that Apple started shipping in late 2016.</p><p>Today’s question is about power, but because we receive so many queries, I want to review the overall legacy display issues for everyone, before digging into that specific answer.</p><p>The current series of MacBook Pros offer super-high-speed Thunderbolt 3 connections over the USB-C plug standard, and can work with a variety of monitors that support DisplayPort, a now long-running video display protocol, via direct USB-C connections and through adapters.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3300780/displays/the-problems-with-older-apple-displays-and-thunderbolt-3-macbook-pros.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The problems with older Apple displays and Thunderbolt 3 MacBook Pros
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: