Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACPC's slow revenue gains means we're not being forced to pay-to-play  (Read 398 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 10, 2018, 04:05:23 pm »

ACPC's slow revenue gains means we're not being forced to pay-to-play

Reports are in that ACPC reached $50 million — the slowest earning Nintendo mobile game — and I'm perfectly happy with that.

I've been playing Animal Crossing Pocket Camp since the day it launched in the U.S. (actually since a month before that, because I side-loaded it onto an Android device just so I could play it early). It's been a daily source of joy for me. When Sensor Tower released its data that ACPC has hit the $50 million revenue mark, I was happy to hear the news.

Then, the headlines started coming in that it's the slowest revenue earner of Nintendo's mobile games (out of Fire Emblem Heroes, Super Mario Run, and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp). Well, that appears to be true, but what does that really mean?

Profits for a game may be important to a company, but they are far from important to the people enjoying the game.

In my experience with Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, it means I'm not being funneled into a situation where I feel compelled to spend real mone...

Source: ACPC's slow revenue gains means we're not being forced to pay-to-play
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: