Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How the iPad might influence the future of the Mac interface  (Read 259 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 18, 2019, 04:05:12 pm »

How the iPad might influence the future of the Mac interface

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Much has been written—a lot of it by me, admittedly—about how Apple’s commitment to let iOS developers bring their apps to macOS in 2019 has the potential to dramatically change the Mac. But adding iOS apps to the Mac might not be where Apple stops. What if the company uses macOS 10.15 (or, dare I suggest, macOS 13?) to further unify the interfaces of its platforms?</p><p>For all the discussion about whether iOS apps running on a Mac can possibly live up to the platform’s interface standards, it’s entirely possible that this year, Apple will choose to redefine what it is to be Mac-like in a way that turns iOS and macOS into a continuum of interface decisions that are all, for lack of a better phrase, “Apple-like.” Longtime Mac users might chafe, but iOS users might welcome it. As someone who is both, I am not sure where I fall, but it’s worth considering just what Apple might do to make the Mac more closely resemble iOS.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3333645/macs/how-the-ipad-might-influence-the-future-of-the-mac-interface.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How the iPad might influence the future of the Mac interface
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: