Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Un-silence your critical alerts even when you have Do Not Disturbed enabled  (Read 319 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 23, 2019, 04:05:22 pm »

Un-silence your critical alerts even when you have Do Not Disturbed enabled

Do Not Disturb is a great feature. But sometimes you do want to be disturbed—no matter what.

New in iOS 12 is a feature called "Critical Alerts". Apple describes it as a "new type of opt-in alert for important information, like reports from a healthcare provider, which you'll receive even during Do Not Disturb".

Not every app has the ability to issue a critical alert. Instead, third-party app makers must apply to Apple for permission to include the feature in their app. Apple plans to allow only those apps related to public safety, security, and medical/health to make use of a critical alert setting.

My spouse called me today to tell me that she had accidentally triggered our house alarm. I was driving at the time—with Do Not Disturb While Driving turned on. It would have been nice if the house alarm app on my iPhone had been able to break through Do Not Disturb and alert me that the alarm had been triggered. But alas, the app has not yet been updated.

Enabling Critic...

Source: Un-silence your critical alerts even when you have Do Not Disturbed enabled
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: