Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Report: Apple to combine Find My Friends and Find My iPhone apps, develop Tile-like like tracker  (Read 400 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 20, 2019, 04:05:16 pm »

Report: Apple to combine Find My Friends and Find My iPhone apps, develop Tile-like like tracker

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Where other tech companies seem hell-bent on secretly tracking you and everything you do, Apple may be set to flip the script and give you the ability to track all your stuff.</p><p>At least, that seems to be the case if a new <a href="https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/17/find-my-iphone-revamp/" rel="nofollow">report from 9to5Mac[/url] is true. Citing “people familiar with its development,” the report claims that Apple is working on a project code-named “GreenTorch” that will combine Find My Friends and Find My iPhone apps. Engineers at Apple are apparently already testing the new app.</p><p>The combined app won’t cut any features from the existing apps, and in fact will expand them a little. A new capability called “Find Network” will allow your devices to be tracked even if not connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network. Presumably, this would work the way Tile trackers do: using an iBeacon-like Bluetooth network of Apple devices.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3389879/report-apple-to-combine-find-my-friends-and-find-my-iphone-apps-develop-tile-like-like-tracker.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Report: Apple to combine Find My Friends and Find My iPhone apps, develop Tile-like like tracker
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: