Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to simulate master page text guides in Pages for macOS  (Read 355 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 08, 2019, 04:05:14 pm »

How to simulate master page text guides in Pages for macOS

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>I first started using page-layout software in 1985 with Aldus PageMaker 1.0. If I recall correctly, it took a few years before you could create a master template that had items that appeared on every page, including guides that helped with placement of text and items.</p><p>With that historical perspective in mind, it's odd that while Pages 8 for macOS has master pages, it lacks a way to create non-printable master guides that appear on layout pages. There’s a way to simulate this effectively, although it triggers a bug in Pages that one hopes Apple will fix in a future release. (Master pages appeared as early as 2005 in Pages, but overhauled the whole iWork suite in 2013. I’m not sure how far back this bug dates.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3398640/how-to-simulate-master-page-text-guides-in-pages-for-macos.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to simulate master page text guides in Pages for macOS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: