Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make FileVault work again when you’re missing a 'secure token'  (Read 302 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 14, 2019, 04:05:11 pm »

How to make FileVault work again when you’re missing a 'secure token'

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Several months ago, we posted a column called “What to do when FileVault won’t turn on,” which offered a set of strategies when you couldn’t get macOS to let you enable FileVault, Apple’s full-disk encryption (FDE) technology. These worked for some people who have followed up with us. The most severe of the scenarios was the “nuclear option,” which required a full backup or clone of your Mac, erase the drive, reinstalling macOS, and restoring your previous files. This would always re-enable the FileVault capability, but it’s a big investment of time and effort.</p><p>I’d put off carrying it out on my MacBook, which had this problem, hoping another alternative would emerge. Fortunately, <a href="https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2019/02/08/unable-to-enable-filevault-on-macos-mojave/" rel="nofollow">Rich Trouton has a solution[/url] at his Der Flounder site, where he often provides inside into tricky or unsolvable disk-formatting and encryption issues. (Thanks also to reader Christophe for alerting me to Trouton’s update.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3401399/how-to-make-filevault-work-again-when-youre-missing-a-secure-token.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to make FileVault work again when you’re missing a 'secure token'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: