Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recover messages from a deleted mail account in Mail for macOS  (Read 334 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 16, 2019, 04:07:28 pm »

Recover messages from a deleted mail account in Mail for macOS

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Sometimes you make a rookie mistake, like shutting down a hosted email account before you—well, before I—download all the messages that are stored on the server and synced to my Macs and iOS devices via IMAP. I felt like a dope. I had already contacted the mail hosting company, which retains deleted accounts for seven days for just this reason, when I realized I should have a full backup cached on my iMac.</p><p>This Mac is always on and the Mail app is always running. The account I’d just deleted should be fully synced with the cached download in Mail, so long as I didn’t restart my Mac or even quit Mail. If you quit or restart, it’s hard to know exactly what cached content would be temporarily deleted by Mail or macOS.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3400869/recover-messages-from-a-deleted-mail-account-in-mail-for-macos.html#jump">To read this article in full, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Recover messages from a deleted mail account in Mail for macOS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: