Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After Jony Ive: What's the future of design at Apple?  (Read 296 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 01, 2019, 04:05:21 pm »

After Jony Ive: What's the future of design at Apple?

Earlier this week, the news broke that Jony Ive is leaving Apple. He's creating his own company, LoveFrom. But, LoveFrom is taking on Apple as a primary client. To figure out what all that means for Apple now and going into the future, I sat down to chat with John Gruber from Daring Fireball and The Talk Show.

Rene Ritchie: Thanks for joining me John. So, what was your initial reaction to the news?

Gruber: I think it's eyewash. He's actually starting a company with Marc Newson. LoveFrom is a questionable name. I do think they're going to work together for many years to come. They've already worked together on a bunch of things, including bringing Marc Newson in to design a bunch of Apple Watch straps.

Including using his, to me, iconic design for the Sport Band, that little tuck-under thing. It really comes from, what was it called, the Ike-...

Rene: Ikepod, yeah.

Gruber: Ikepod watch that he designed years ago. They obviously just have a mutual affinity and respect for each...

Source: After Jony Ive: What's the future of design at Apple?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: