Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The first Emergency in Wizards Unite may not have been all we had hoped for  (Read 319 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 01, 2019, 04:05:22 pm »

The first Emergency in Wizards Unite may not have been all we had hoped for

When you compare it to Pokémon GO this event is pretty subpar

We all need to remember that Harry Potter: Wizards Unite does not exist in a vacuum. This isn't Niantic's first rodeo or even second, this is its third Augmented Reality game, and as such, a lot of the slack I would normally give a company is used up.

Wizards Unite had its first "Community day" style event, called a Task Force Emergency, on June 29, 2019, and by all reports, it did not excite people in the way Niantic may have hoped. There are a lot of people including us here at iMore who found the whole event to be something of a non-starter.

Comparisons have to be made

There is no getting around it, everything Wizards Unite tries to do will be compared to Pokémon GO. It's inevitable and not really a bad thing. Pokémon is one of the largest mobile games of all time and is the direct predecessor to Wizards Unite. When I look at the events and general gameplay of Wizards Unite I expect them to be a...

Source: The first Emergency in Wizards Unite may not have been all we had hoped for
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: